For over two decades, Jim has been providing marketing, branding, writing, communications and strategic leadership to global brands including Honda, Bob Evans, Scotts, Square D, Mettler-Toledo, Coldwell Banker, Columbia Gas, Real Living, HER, Pinnacle Data Systems, MTV, Quaker State, Gatorade, Qwest/LCI, Mitel, Century Insurance Group, and more. Further, Jim co-authored the ICC curriculum, oversees university relations, and contributes business-related presentations, exercises and course content in the major.
Stevenson also has experience in professional motorsports marketing, including NASCAR, CART/IndyCar, Grand Am, ALMS, and SCCA. Jim is a national keynote presenter on creativity, innovation, and marketing, and has launched several new companies, including Formula Marketing with ICC partner Tom Balliett.
Education and Credentials
- BA, Journalism, with a Public Relations emphasis, The Ohio State University
- Guest Presenter in sports marketing for Ohio University, IUPUI, Franklin University
- Building Industry Association, Marketer of the Year, 2010,2011,2012
- Favorite Places to Visit: Maine, specifically the Downeast Coast and Acadia National Park.
- Hobbies: Singer, Songwriter, guitarist and performer with multiple regional groups. Love motorsports, in particular, Formula One. Enjoy the classic car hobby, especially Corvettes. Also a big fan of Columbus’ very own NHL team, The Columbus Blue Jackets!
- Why Cedarville: This was a God-arranged marriage between our company, the ICC, and Cedarville University. There was a God-shaped hole in this industry that needed filling with intentional, well-prepared, Christian professionals, and we were blessed enough to be the ones that God entrusted with the vision. Each year I am humbled at what started on a napkin at a coffee shop right down the road in Worthington, and now we are launching young people to the four corners of the globe, in some of the most influential companies in design.