This unique, fresh and completely “retooled” curriculum was designed to give industry what they were asking for…better talent, faster! Actually industry leaders collaborated with the ICC team to develop the curriculum.
• The major is part of a fully-accredited, liberal arts degree program, providing a well-rounded, rigorous, real-world and relevant student experience.
• The Industrial and Innovative Design major is the only accredited industrial design major offered by any evangelical Christian university.
• To provide a broad experience and better prepare students to be creative problem solvers, the curriculum focuses on four disciplines of design:
• Students obtain prerequisite courses during the freshman and sophomore years on Cedarville’s main campus.
• Industrial and Innovative Design majors will attend class in the “craft-specific”, working studio setting at the International Center for Creativity studios in Powell, Ohio (about 55 minutes from campus) during the junior and senior years.
• Students are also taught more than just design…throughout their ICC experience, students are challenged with business, marketing, sales, networking and career building workshops, exercises and presentations by ICC staff and visiting guests.
• Columbus is home to world class design firms and corporations, and students will be exposed to working professionals through guest appearances at the ICC and through site visits throughout the region.
• In addition to a vibrant design community, central Ohio is an exciting region that is home to the Columbus Crew (MLS), the Columbus Blue Jackets (NHL), the Columbus Clippers (Minor League Baseball), the Memorial Tournament (PGA), the 2013 NHL All Star Game, the 2013 Presidents Cup, the number one rated zoo in America, The Columbus Zoo, miles of biking and hiking trails, art museums and a church community that is rich in heritage and service.